Monday, April 28, 2008

You Can NOT Have

You cannot take from me
What is mine,
For I will never tell you where to find it.

Do you even know
For what you seek?
I thought not.

Search high and low.
It won't be found.
Not in your lofty thoughts.
Not in your basest moments.

I know that you will never find my treasure.
The sparkling glass gems , the gleaming metal coins,
The Chalices of historical value.
Warehoused like Alladin's cave
Attractive, yet untouchable distract your magpie eyes.
You only want what you cannot have.

Didn't you know that I was the setting,
Long before you defined
The jewels?

You are a fool .
You do not remember that
Sometimes ugly ducklings
Make regal swans !

You cannot steal from me
What is mine.
Sonambullistic predictions will not
Find it for you.

You have no idea what you seek.
You donot know it when it stands before you.
Cardboard oracles keep my secret.
You cannot see the light
Yet you fear the Darkness.
You are pathetic. But then,that is YOUR choice.

My treasure is for me alone.
Hard won in battle.
Hard kept in defiance.

Beat me.
Starve me .
Deprive me of sleep.
I will not crack.
I am made of sterner stuff.

I am as pliable as kindergartner's clay.
I am as hard as titanium.
My treasure is for me alone-
My life shall be lived in joy.
And That choice is mine.

No comments: