Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memory (another earler writing)

I remember you
Though your face has aged
And your name has changed.
You are the Romantic
To meet my Idealist
Both somewhat battered and tarnished,
In an imperfect world of Totalitarian Bullshit.
Ethic's armour weighs Mightily
A Burdensome mantle
Freely sought,the donning of which
Bestowed Greater Responsiblity not Glory.
We battle for the Dragon
Against the Crown
Whose promises are hollow and lacking honor.
Weavers are we of spells that beguile, mislead
Entrap
Our enemies into a Pit from which they will
NOT emerge.
Weighed first in the heart
We know the price of Success as well as Failure.
And the hand still sought the sword.
You are the one who Watches
Me,Alone at my table lit by single black candle.
I push studies, strategies, across well worn wood
That shines like polished stone.
I hear you in the Dark and turn
Red eyes beckoning in the Dark
Vibrates something primal within me.
Something glows in me
Heating me from the inside out
Calling to you
Distracting me
The studies stoic in their Greater Purpose
Will have to wait their turn
Until the morning.
I hear the wolf call
And I remember.
I see your eyes
And am gone until the Dawn.
Come what may
I sought this forest path
Long ago, of my own free will...

No comments: