Friday, April 15, 2011

Building Book 2 -research phase

For those who have read Ceiling of Stars, which introduced my protaganist Arina and her chef husband , Henri - both are generic pagan Lilleric ( direct descendents of Lilith , Adam's first wife) , you may remember lesser characters , Rosie and Joshua Greenburg. Their daughter , Linda , is a wonderful brassy little girl who has no fear of any of her own, enough to capture the heart of the Copain's only son , Thomas.

I decided in book 2, at this point anyway. that it might be fun to expand their part in the series. So there will be some fun things in store there. I decided that Joshua should be Jewish (Reform) Both Judaism and Islam have a edict against the drinking of blood. But if the gypsies can be forgiven for stealing (allegedly for stealing the nail meant for Jesus's heart), then Joshua can be Jewish. He just has to stay away from the sciatic nerve and spine. And Rosie, a woman that Henri descibes with great admiration as having the "bones of the life down cold," has an interesting background. I used to be friends with a Reform family - okay I own it, my mother used to send me over to their house , where I was invited for dinner , because Rabbi would argue with me , where her minister was condescending - I don't do "on faith" even today.

As a reoccuring theme is that vampires can be anyone , if they are any good about it, they survive and you do not readily spot them, they can be anything. Religious artifacts have no power over them - they are not demons. I had great fun doing Ceiling and to keep my interest, it is necessary that the development in Book 2 ( as yet untitled) be a growth process as well, as I prep Ceiling for agent consideration.

No comments: