Thursday, June 2, 2011

104 in 2011

There remains a little more than six months to 2011. I just finished my 20th book , and still flounder behind on reading the desired 104 books for 2011. Granted I started six weeks late and did take the time to read Breaking Dawn. I am determined to get as close to the 104 books as I can before the end of the year.

I was surprised by the authors that were read more than the others. I was so sure that Robert Bloch would do better but then I really got hooked on Lynsay Sands. I also started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books because I signed up with a Yahoo group to talk about True Blood. The comparisons between the books and the series got me focused on them.

Then there were changes in my life. We lost our major client at work . For about six weeks, I was afraid that I would lose everything. I am spending more time at work now as I finally got a new client. I qualify for overtime for the first time in four months. I would have expected to focus on my literary escape better than I did . All I did was worry myself sick. Sometimes real life insists on intruding. Right now I am not very fond of real life so am spending time once again in Bon Temps.

Goodreads.com sponsors the event , I believe that my pages are open to public, so please feel free to watch my progress. http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2511415. However I do, I am pleased with my progress and amd proud that I read (reportedly) more than the average American.

2 comments:

shelly said...

Well, congrats! And, hope all goes well for you at work. Smiles and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Hope you make your goal and I'm following you now on GoodReads.