Saturday, March 22, 2008

Makebelieve Husband welcomed to the neighborhood

In the interest of security , I have been very careful not to let my neighbors know that I am (gasp ) single and self supporting. I donot know these people, nor do I wish to know them. But its nice to know that my invisible husband has been offered the opportunity to male bond with the dudes(101st Airborne) upstairs. Here is where the confusion comes in_ I HAVE a male friend who is outside of the immediate Nashville area . He has been known to do laundry while visiting. So he has been seen by the neighbors. His job allows him to come for a visit about every 3-6 weeks. We are about an hour from Ft Campbell , KY., which is where the guys from upstairs and their wives are stationed .The longest that he has stayed has been 10 days at a time - though a normal visit is about 4 days.
I have also been known to s/w him on speaker phone while cooking .
I think what confused them this morning is that I watched episode 2 of season 1 of the Riches on line, followed by last week's episode of Medium. Male voices in the lower apt.
But I am not married and donot want to be- he HAS been married and doesnot want to be. We also each like our space. So we donot live together.
I'll clue him when next we speak. He had a" terrible migraine" today - so the guys from upstairs had to be put off. He won't give me away- will probably think it funny. That they wanted my invisible friend to come out and play.
I suppose this is no more confusing that looking at my reading lists, books and blogs which deal with Cooking, cake decorating, lit crit including erotica, Satanism , music , politics, sewing and crafts. I look like a Girl Scout/ Campfire girl leader which I have been. But I am more than that.
At one time, I was a phone sex operator to meet the bills. I have an interest in serial killers. I am working my way through the works of Joseph Campbell. So all is not as it seems

No comments: