Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ice

Some days just go too quickly
They start cold and solid wrapped in plans
The plans fall apart- they don't unravel
They melt like ice on a heated day.

The plans become fluid and drip down my life.
The freedom cools who I think I am -
It ignites who I am .
That inferno leaves me exposed , vunerable, raw.

I hide that.
So why can you see it?
You called to me in pain.
I thought to cool the blistered places.

I planned to be the cool water running over your scorched fingers.
You planned to be the ocean embracing me,recognizing our sameness.
Celebrating our uniqueness- the ice becoming the ocean.
Your greedy tongue found all of the drops. None were lost.

Those drops healed you. I bank my flame tonight. Fire in ice-I am always whole.
Tommorrow will be different. The ice will be new and inpenetrable once more.
I am ice, but ocean frozen is iceburg- Primal flame hidden in your core.
Ice to ice , fire to fire, breathing the air of Life . Both based in Earth.

We are eternal . Forever the same. Constantly changing.
Existing before we knew we did.
We awakened to find it there.
Ice to ice, fire to flame , a strange dance to which we alone know the steps.

No comments: