Friday, February 11, 2011

Breakfast Guests Who Never Eat

As I work on polishing Ceiling, I have constant company in the morning , along with my coffee. That is the time that I read the blogs to which I have subscribed, usually by email. Do I read many blogs? Oh yes! There are some that I love to death , for example , Kurt Sutter's Sutterink. He is straight talking, in your face, and someone to be believed when it comes to writing and success. ( And don't we all hope to be there someday?) Getting there has its own set of challenges and staying there is another skill set. I got interested because my number one television series to watch is Sons of Anarchy. http://www.sutterink.blogspot.com/

Totally different are the blogs of M R Sellars. Mr . Sellars also writes about the craft of writing and his life. He has several blogs which arrive during the day. He is the author of the Rowan Gant Mysteries. Now I am not sure that the general world at large is ready for a Wiccan detective but it is a door that he has well cracked open.I love his books. His approach is more tongue in cheek and amusing than Kurt Sutter's. http://mrsellars.com/mrblog/.

Steve Laub Agency is informative and gives leads to where I might want to next look . His are usually precise, matter of fact and to the point. There is a economy in his writing that reminds me that these are the type of people with whom , hopefully, someday, entrust my perfect fanged family . He is a touch of reality to my paranormal fantasy. http://www.stevelaube.com/blog/.

These are not the only breakfast guests, but I would suspect probably the most frequent. The morning that I was having a crisis of faith, I lucked out in that it must have been "in the air" because that was the day that Kurt Sutter addressed those same issues. I don't know him from Adam as the saying goes but you cannot pay for advice like that. And your friends who don't write will roll their eyes because they don't have a clue what your concerns are. So I accepted the literary kick in the pants from Mr. Sutter and got on with the work.

All this knowledge and experiance at my breakfast table , and I didn't have to scramble a single egg. Wow!

3 comments:

Intangible Hearts said...

Loved it!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the third link...thanks for sharing.

Nikki

SueW said...

You are most welcome