Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Where I stand right now

Ceiling of  Stars is in the critique phase but the basic story is written. So what happens next? Well, I have said from the beginning that this is intended to be a series of novels. So here is the plan. After the critiques are through this time around ( I am running the chapters on Critique Circle to the end as they seem to be the most consistent with doing crits) , then it goes into hiatus for a month.

While Ceiling of Stars is cooling its heels , I will be concentrating on short stories and getting them into a saleable shape. It will build my body of work. Some of the work will be paranormal but I have some general stories and horror fiction ideas to solidfy as well.

At the end of the month , I will reread Ceiling and revise again . I will send the revised text through a different peer critique group. Make the needed changes and check for punctuation and grammer problems. Then I will pay to have it edited. I will make the changes suggested by the editor, Send it back for round two of editing. Correct and submit for copyright.

While the editing is going on, I hope to research one of the future novels. Currently , I have plans for a novel about Jean Paul and (senior) Sophie who are Henri's parents, a novel about Michael, Grace and Andrew, and, maybe follow up with one about the kids -right now I am thinking about (junior) Sophie and Christian but Val and Lucius are also a possiblity. These are probably not the entire series but those are the ones currently on the drawing board. And what became of the valet? Well, he is still out there somewhere. We don't know who he is and what connection he had to the O'Connors. I suspect that we havc not heard the last of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are making some wonderful progress with your writing. Good luck with it all.