Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy Busy Sundays

Its a source of amusement to me that the only day off my male vampire gets off is Sunday , which happens to be my only day off as well. Well, its a day off in the sense of not taking the bus and going downtown to the law office for whom I work.  The concept of doing nothing is unknown in my house.

Sunday is the day that I get "other " things done . Since leaving work yesterday afternoon, I have read 200 pages in Breaking Dawn (Meyer) , picked up 2 other books from library (Sat is library day after work)and a Cusco CD ,had 2 unknown guys hit on me and nearly kill themselves running around me to open doors. Both asked my name. (This is the South but I am not looking for a boyfriend . ) One guy said he had never seen anyone so happy - and I am not a size five, not rich, and I am 58 soon to be 59 (April). So go figure.

I watched 4 episodes of Las Vegas(Netflix) - I think I am on season 3. I have finished The Pretender as of last week. I am going to watch a documentary , When the Violence Stops and a movie , The Contender , this afternoon.

My chapter partner and I have exchanged about 8,000 words each this week , which we have read ,critted and returned. I tweeked the next chapter to be ready to send when she is ready.

I visited some blogs this morning and collected a few more.

http://guidetoliteraryagents.com/blog/

http://agencygatekeeper.blogspot.com/2008/04/life-of

http://absolutewrite.com   ( There is an interview with agent Evan Marshall on this site, takes about 23 mins.)

I found out that there is going to be a conference in Nashville in August at Hutton Hotel. (They are having a seminar on serial killers among other things .) http://killernashville.com  I want to go- I like serial killers. Well in theory , the very few that I have met not so much (long story for another day).Its technically for mystery writers but will have publishing /agent seminars as well. And Ceiling does have a serial killer.

I signed up with Suvudu (division of Random House) to get their newsletter. They are having a contest -prize is a professional edit. http://Suvudu.com . I am not copyrighted yet and still have work to do on Ceiling.

And , oh yes, I got a free numerological compatability test in my email which I used my characters , Arina and Henri as the guenea pigs. Turns out that they are extremely compatable - which is nice . I posted those results over to Cafe Copain blog , if you want to take a look.
http://cafecopaim.blogspot.com

I am off to make lunch. No , I am not kidding.

3 comments:

Lorelei Bell said...

And I thought I was busy. . .
Cool on the guys hitting you, though. I've had guys on the bus I drive flurt with me, but nothing serious. I'm married, and about your age, too. Go figure!

shelly said...

Like Lorelie: Thought I was busy...as for guys...married...see plenty during the day...get to run my fingers throught their hair...hair dresser.

SueW said...

Shocked me as one guy actually came up to me in the library .